Guggenheim Collection Kids Day
The Guggenheim Collection is one of the most important museums of European and American art of the twentieth century. It is located in the Dorsoduro Sestiere at Palazzo Venier dei Leoni. Every Sunday from 3.00pm to 4.30pm, the Guggenheim Collection holds a free art workshop for children between the ages of 4 and 10.
Info e reservations tel. +39 041 2405444/401
Fondazione dei Musei Civici Di Venezia
The Fondazione Musei Civici Veneziani gathers many of the most interesting Venetian museums and offers 20 interactive tours designed in stages, with stories and games, designed for families with children.
Are available "On Demand" upon reservation at any time during the opening hours of the individual Museums.
The visits are possible inside the Palazzo Ducale, Corner Museum, Ca' Rezzonico, Ca' Pesaro, Palazzo Mocenigo, Casa Goldoni, Glass Museum, Lace Museum, Museum of Natural History in Venice historic center and inside the Center Cultural Candiani in Mestre.
Punta della Dogana, in the Sestiere of Dorsoduro and Palazzo Grassi in the Sestiere of San Marco, house of modern and contemporary art since 2006 thanks to François Pinault who is one of the greatest collectors of contemporary art in the world. ST_ART offers a workshop for children of one hour and thirty minutes of creativity, play and sharing, every Saturday at 3 pm at Punta della Dogana and at 5.00 pm at Palazzo Grassi. In September, at the Teatrino di Palazzo Grassi, the Foundation also offers SUPER ST_ART, a creative atelier that creates a collective masterpiece together with designers, illustrators and artists.
ST_ART has a cost of 8 euros for the other meetings according to schedule.
For info and reservations: tel. +39 041 2401373
The Accademia Gallery is the largest collection of Venetian paintings from the three hundred to Renaissance artists. Activities for children on weekends. The very famous Vitruvian Man by Leonardo da Vinci is kept inside the Academy of Drawings and Prints of the Academy.
The Galleries during the weekend, according to the calendar, organize events for families and children.
Venetian Mask Making Workshops
In Venice you can create your own mask directly in the laboratories of the Venetian "Mascareri". An unforgettable artistic experience that will make you know this ancient art that makes the Venice Carnival unique!
Green areas in Venice
In historic centre of Venice there are 6 public gardens where you can discover unrepeatable emotions:
• the Papadopoli Gardens in the Santa Croce sestiere within walking distance of Piazzale Roma;
• the Napoleonic Gardens of Castello, in the homonymous Sestiere, distributed along the lagoon and made up of a public part and a wider one assigned to the Biennale, has two entrances, one in Riva dei Partigiani and one in Via Giuseppe Garibaldi;
• the Royal Gardens of San Marco, in the Sestiere of San Marco, just adjacent to the homonymous square at the San Marco pier;
• the Savorgnan Gardens, in the Cannaregio district, located near the bridge of the Guglie in Fondamenta Venier 349. The other entrances into Calle Pesaro and Calle Vergola;
• the Groggia Gardens, also in the Sestiere of Cannaregio, in the Sant'Alvise Clalle del Capitello area;
• The Rimenbranze Park, Pineta di Sant'Elena, in the homonymous island that overlooks the lagoon in front of the Venice Lido.
In the islands of the lagoon there are large natural areas within convents, private residences and institutional sites, to see are the two natural and public ones:
• the Lipu nature reserve of Ca 'Roman from Cavallino to Chioggia
• the WWF Dune degli Alberoni Oasis at the Lido of Venice.
Green areas in Mestre
• the San Giuliano Park,
• the Bosco di Mestre, which includes the Carpenedo, Campalto and the vast Querini areas with the Ottolenghi, Franca and Zaher woods and the historic Albanese Park, commonly known as the Parco Bissuola.
The Grand Theater La Fenice in Venice has an Education department. In addition to activities for teachers and schools, it is possible to participate in educational workshops for children and teenagers.
For information write to: firstname.lastname@example.org